The material below is copied without permission from: http://titanians.org
The Practical Alternative to Government
And Other Hierarchies
WELCOME TO TITANIA
What is TITANIA?
TITANIA is a recently formed association dedicated to promoting peace, love, creativity and freedom in human society. This organization models a new kind of international institution that is non-hierarchic and rigorously non-bureaucratic in both its structure and decision-making processes. To this end it is based on a Code of Honor that provides a set of unique principles for its mission and procedures. More than twenty years in the making, this is NOT something you have seen before.
It is the dream of TITANIA’s founders that humanity will evolve into a moral society in which most, if not all, of humanity’s problems will have been solved. Can you imagine living in such a world? Isn’t it what you have always hoped for? If so, perhaps TITANIA is the choice for you. TITANIA, The Bloodless Revolution, is a series of books that describe a credible plan for the peaceful accomplishment of this dream despite the efforts of those who would prefer to see it fail.
OUR BIG PROBLEM
Titania exists to solve a problem that humanity currently faces. We call it “the Big Problem”. Some of its symptoms are:
· Drug Addiction
Can you imagine a world without these challenges? We can. But to see how to achieve this goal you may have to stretch your mind a bit. For starters, you need to understand that there is only one problem, not many.
To see that this is so, it helps to understand the cause of the Problem. We call the cause the “BORG MATRIX”. Let’s examine this concept.
THE BORG MATRIX
BORG is an acronym. It stands for the three institutions that we usually expect to solve humanity’s societal problems:
Business – specifically Big Business and Banks– big enough to influence legislation,
The BORG is a PARASITE and like all parasites it is destined to eventually destroy the host. Who is the host… We are! There has never been a societal problem that the BORG actually solved. Yet most of us keep expecting these institutions to improve our lives. This is unrealistic, as you will understand when you have read the content of this website.
The BORG is the root cause of the most serious problems that humanity faces. It perpetuates these problems by perpetuating the mechanism that we call the MATRIX.
So what is the MATRIX?
The heart of the MATRIX is simply a collection of “Comforting Lies” or “Pernicious Fallacies” created by the BORG and handed down from generation to generation from parents to children, from teachers to students, from politicians to their constituents, and from employers to employees. Most of the people who repeat these lies don’t even know that they are lies – though some in the BORG certainly do. The Comforting Lies are:
1. Whenever someone wins (benefits) someone else must lose.
2. Good (ethical) ends can be attained by bad (unethical) means.
3. Robin Hood acted ethically in stealing from the rich and giving to the poor.
4. Majority rule makes the best group decisions.
5. Government leaders are honest, wise, and caring.
6. Government generally acts in the best interests of the public.
7. Hierarchy is an ethically acceptable organizational structure.
8. The Law is the highest behavioral standard.
9. The Golden Rule is the highest behavioral standard.
10. Religion is the ultimate source of ethical guidance.
11. Faith is better than Truth.
12. The Federal Reserve System is a government operation that exists to protect the public by stabilizing the economy.
All twelve of the foregoing statements are false. This is a fact, not merely an opinion. If you believe in the truth of even one of the above statements, then you are an unwitting slave of the BORG. The BORG is a parasite that steals your money, steals your freedom, steals your autonomy, and steals your self-respect. As your enemy it is implacable, ruthless, and unforgiving. In the furtherance of its ends, all other priorities are rescinded. It will stop at nothing in its mission to rule the world. If you doubt these claims, question them. Much more detailed information is available. To understand the situation more clearly, we need to understand the subject of ethics.
In order to escape from the MATRIX it is necessary for that you understand the subject of ethics, which is the means by which one discerns acts which are good from those that are bad, or evil. Most of the explanations of ethics that are taught in schools, churches, and synagogues are unnecessarily complicated and/or mystical, and in many instances simply wrong. The explanation that follows is both simple and scientifically valid, which puts it well within the reach of your understanding.
WHAT IS AN ETHIC?
An ethic consists of two parts.
1. A value, which is simply a description of what one wants more of in one’s life.
2. A belief, or system of beliefs, that defines how one must act or behave in order to attain more of the resource defined as the value to be maximized.
You are free to adopt any ethic you choose. In this sense the choice of an ethic is arbitrary.
Not all ethics are created equal. Some are valid and some are not.
VALID AND INVALID ETHICS
1. The regime of the Soviet Union was based on an ethic. The value chosen to be maximized was material well-being for everyone. The belief system adopted was that of communism, which decreed government ownership of everything of real value and political suppression of dissent.
Ownership of all the major businesses and properties was taken over by the state (government) and “managed for the benefit of all”. Those who voiced any objection were imprisoned in harsh prison camps or executed “for the sake of the people”.
The result was universal poverty and the most brutally tyrannical regime in modern history. Material well-being was only available to a tiny minority of the people who were supposed to benefit from the revolutionary regime. This was the exact opposite of the intentions of the Soviet founders. Their ethic was not valid.
2. The French revolution was based on an ethic. The value to be maximized was equality for all and the belief system that of armed rebellion. The result was a major blood bath that left the people no better off than they were before. The ethic was not valid.
3. The operations of the Catholic Church and its various Christian offshoots was based on an ethic. The values to be maximized were the love of God (the Christian conception of course) and the reward of a heavenly afterlife. The belief system was that the Church was infallible and that unbelievers deserved to burn in hell.
This belief system spawned both the 200-year Crusades and the 400-year Inquisition. These resulted in the torture and slaying of millions of Jews, Muslims, and Christians, the theft of the victims’ assets, the destruction of their culture, and a hatred of Christianity that continues to this day in the hearts of hundreds of millions of people. Instead of increasing the love of (the Christian) God the Christian ethic resulted in the exact opposite of what its proponents had hoped for.
4. The founders of the United States adopted an ethic. The value they chose to maximize was freedom for everyone (but blacks and women). The belief system to which they subscribed was that of republican democracy by means of majority rule.
The result is that each year but two we have had less freedom than the year before. (In 1865 the slaves were freed and in 1920 women were permitted to vote.) Our government becomes more and more tyrannical, taxes us more and more heavily, and increasingly restricts our freedoms for the benefit of special interests. Meanwhile we fought a devastating civil war to maintain our power over the southern states who wanted to withdraw from the Union. They found they were not free to do so. The ethic was not valid.
From the foregoing examples a recognizable pattern emerges. When a group or a society adopts an invalid ethic, the result is the exact opposite of that intended by those who adopted the ethic. This pattern holds true throughout human history. It is the cause of untold suffering. It is the reason every political regime in history has failed, from the Roman Empire to the Soviet Union. It is the reason all of our institutions are failing today.
One might mistakenly conclude that there is no valid ethic; that the whole study of ethics is futile; and that humanity is doomed to a dog-eat-dog future, ultimately leading to its own extinction. BUT This conclusion is false. There is, in fact, a valid ethic that leads to its own fulfillment rather than its opposite.
In order to understand this important fact, let’s examine the two main ethics between which those of us in the modern western world must choose each day.
Ethic 1: An act is good if it benefits more people than it harms.
Ethic 2: An act is good if it benefits at least one person, including the person acting, and harms no one.
While these two ethics appear similar, they, in fact, result in very different outcomes. For a more complete explanation of the difference the reader is referred to Appendix B of BORG WARS by this author.
There is plenty more to read. Click the box that says “More” Above…